Research← Back to the Listing of Tests
The efficiency of air disinfection was determined by comparing the number of colony-forming units (CFU) indoors before switching on and after turning off the devices. The sampling points were located over the whole floor area evenly. Contouring was realized by tracing a spatial interpolated grid according to Shepard's Method.
1. Floor space - 160 m2
2. Ceiling height – 3,5 m
3. Doors and windows – are periodically opened
4. Continually present number of people– 10-15
5. Number of installed photocatalytic purifiers (TIOKRAFT VR 400) -1
6. Air-cleaner capacity by the cleaned air – 120 m3/h
EVENTS DESCRIPTION IN SAMPLING:
A – device placement location
B – beds without patients
C – toilet
D – half-opened windows E – communicating door opened
F – council at the patient's bedside
G – bad patient
Tests were performed by the FSUE "Russian national plant quarantine center" members.
1. Area adjoining spaces – 6/302
2. Ceiling height – 3,0 m
3. Doors are periodically opened, and windows are closed
4. Continually present number of people – 2-3
5. Used photocatalytic purifiers (TIOKRAFT VR 400) -1, (TIOKRAFT VL 40) -1
EVENTS DESCRIPTION IN SAMPLE COLLECTION:
A – TIOKRAFT VL 40 placement location
B – TIOKRAFT VR 400 placement location
C – half-opened doors
1. The average CFU-value decreased to 200-250 units/m3.
2. The worse station of the air quality was found in G-point where the bad patient was located and in F - point where the board of five doctors took place at the bedside of the patient.
The filtration efficiency of the system was determined by measured results of the differential distributions of the aerosol nanoparticles countable concentration by the size at the input and output from the cleaning system filtration area using the scanning electric mobility analyzer SMPS3936 made by TSI Inc. (USA).
THE EXPERIMENTS SET THAT THE AEROSOL PARTICLES ARE CAPTURED BY THE SYSTEM WITH EFFICIENCY CLOSE TO 100% WITHIN THE RANGE OF THEIR SIZES FROM 20 NM. BACTERIA AND VIRUSES ARE CAPTURED WITH THE SAME EFFICIENCY, AS MOST OF THE STUDIED BACTERIA HAVE THE SIZE OF 0,5-5 ΜM AND VIRUSES 60-300 NM.
1. The average CFU-value decreased to 50-100 units/m3.
2. The cleaning efficiency is largely determined by the gas-dynamic flows that are generated during the air-cleaner operates.
THE TESTS OF PHOTOCATALYTIC DEVICES OF AIR PURIFICATION AND DISINFECTION DISCLOSE THE POSSIBILITY TO REDUCE THE PATHOGENIC MICROFLORA IN ROOMS OF DIFFERENT TYPES IN 10-20 TIMES WITHOUT THE USUAL WORKING CLIMATE CHANGE IN THE ROOMS